Author Topic: KoTOR 2  (Read 6908 times)

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
Re: KoTOR 2
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 12:51:16 PM »
I've had people go running off opening doors that had more enemies behind them while fighting.

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2005, 02:57:48 AM »
Cahnge the mode of combat that they are doing. From aggressive to standstill to jedi support. You need to do it for each character though.
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2005, 10:49:09 AM »
Yeah I've tried that. Even that aspect needs some tweaking. No matter the setting though, they shouldn't go about willy-nilly opening doors

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2005, 10:56:41 AM »
I have the tendency to brainlessly do that in WoW...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2005, 03:50:00 AM »
Just finished it, and...the ending is as lame as I was led to expect. I'm not even sure what happened. Everything leading up to that was great, though, and I thought it was even better than the first one. The ability to corrupt my followers was awesome.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2005, 10:18:40 AM »
Yeah the ending just...ended.
Apparently there was a whole subplot between G0-T0 and the remote and a whole planet of droids. You can tell watching the cut scenes things were left out and that just makes me sad.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2005, 04:29:37 PM »
So I've decided to play through it again, light side this time (and female, so I can use the dance costume). I'm not certain which class I want to go with, though: I'm leaning toward Sentinel/Watchman because I like the skills, but the extra lightsaber powers of the Guardian are very enticing. Does the Sentinel/Watchman get anything special in this game that they didn't in the first one?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2005, 04:31:09 PM »
acording to back-channel poop, The development house ran out of time and had to rush through the last 1/3 of the game development as they were under a hard dead-line.
Alles!!!

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2005, 11:44:39 AM »
Some day companies will realize that making a deadline and making a good game don't always go together.

Oseleon

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2005, 06:19:49 PM »
WRONG
The best companies know how to work within their constraints and manage their time
Black Isle Studio
Raven Software
etc...
Look at the mess Ion Storm ended up with when they tried a "Developer Friendly" environment.  Diakatana slipped interminably and was released FINALY, years late, uninspired, to a world that called it junk.  
No,
You have to have some form of deadlines,  with room for flexibility.  
The problem is that the Developer and the Publisher are 2 seperate entities in most cases, and the Publisher dosent know whats going on and is therfore unflexable with deadlines.  
Thankfully Valve is starting to change that, with Steam they can start releasing games STRAIGHT to the user and bypass the publisher all together.  

The problem isn't just the deadlines,  its the Farbot Dev-Pub system we have now.  

Alles!!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:06 PM »
On the other hand, look at a company like Blizzard-infamous for postpone their game releases sometimes by years, and yet always delivering an excellent product. Of course, they are their own publisher as well, which fixes part of the problem you mentioned.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »
It's human nature :) But in this case, Dex was right - KOTOR 2 was rushed horribly by the publisher, given 12 months to make it from scratch.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2005, 12:09:32 PM »
WRONG  

Well, it wasn't a statement of fact, so I'm not sure how my opinion can be wrong...anyway...
What I meant was: Companies should realize that taking a game as is, or forcing it's completion, by a deadline does not always deliver a quality product.
Yes, deadlines are a good idea to make sure the product is done in a timely fashion, but it also should be a realistic goal.

Oseleon

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
The use of the word WRONG is used in opinion. Debating semantics is just a poor tactic
Alles!!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »
Opinions should not be aggressive and all caps. You have to admit, your post was pretty in-your-face. The point you made, however, was excellent.

Last night I got the two key pieces of equipment my light side jedi has been waiting for: a lightsaber and the dancer's outfit. Now I'm ready to take on the Sith.