Author Topic: KoTOR 2  (Read 6907 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: KoTOR 2
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 05:49:54 AM »
Didn't feel like makeing a new thread for this.

Lucas Arts just lowered KORTOR 1's price down to $20 for both the Xbox and PC.  If you've been slacking on getting the game now's a good time to do so.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 12:32:26 PM »
I have to admit that KoTOR was one of the best damn games I've ever played in all my years.  I can't wait for KoTOR2.  Is it really going to be that bad if Black Isle makes it?  I'm not looking forward to crying myself to sleep at night if it is. :'(
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 05:57:20 PM »
No, Obsidian (who's made up of all the ex-blackisle people) should do a good job.  These are the guys who made Baulders gate 1 and 2 after all.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 01:04:14 AM »
I just saw the trailer for KoTOR 2, and it looks sweeeettt!!!!  I am definately going to go buy this game on the release date.  I'll listen to her reasoning to wait until Christmas for Halo2, but not KoTOR 2!
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 01:46:28 AM »
I just got KoTOR2 for the PC, and it rocks. I am impressed with how much Obsidian kept to the orginal look and feel from the first one. I did find the light side ending a bit weak compared to the first one, and now I'm going through a dark side version. We shall see if it has the replayabilty that the first one had. all in all it wasn't to bad of a game.
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 02:03:52 AM »
I'm a few hours into the dark side (just left Telos), and I've been pretty impressed. It's not as technically sound, though--I got caught in a couple of really bad dialogue loops, and I've had some other weird scripting things happen to me. I'm also annoyed about the story--they reveal your past in pieces, which worked in teh first game because you couldn't remember, but this time the character does but the player doesn't. That's bad writing.

I have a huge list of things I want to complain about, actually, but on the other hand I completely love playing it. I just wasted a few hours playing it this evening, in fact, when I should have been writing. I'll see how much of the night I can salvage.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 02:30:50 AM »
I know exactly what you mean. I too have thought it a bit annoying that I had to guess the characters past when I was playing it. But after completing the game, it makes sense so that you can set up your light side or dark side history so your actions now would be sound. I think the game even takes some of those actions and sets up how characters respond further down the line. I'll see if that is true as I play the dark side. \ Plus if you didn't play the first game, it fills in all the history you missed (well sort of since you could have been good or evil in that game). But I have a feeling based on how you anwsered some questions, it sets up wether Revan was good or evil in this game.

I have ran into a couple of dialog glitches that were annoing so I couldn't finish a side quest or two, but not as many as I thought. The only other complaints I have is the maps seem smaller than the first (although I am impressed that they use parts of them from the first game) and there seems to be way to much dialog. But it is a great game to do some great time wasting.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 09:59:05 AM »
I'm close to finishing the Light Side (I think). It seems it's been easier combat-wise than the first. I've hardly used any stims or grenades. But I have been making a lot of my own upgrades to get the most out of my equipment, so that may count for something. Or it could be there are less force using opponents.
The dialog choices are definately weird in places. I didn't pick anything that wasn't revealed to me in the game...just didn't seem right. How should I know if my character remembers this or that?
One minor annoyance: There was a point where I had taken care of a crime lord and walked back past his receptionist. And they said "Don't kill me, I just work here." For my response I chose "Then you'd better find a new place to work." My kind of humor.
What it really means is "Oh well, I'm going to kill you anyway." I suppose I should have known by that point that most dialog in that slot leans toward Dark Side. Thankfully I am a paragon of light, so it wasn't too detrimental.

When you play, do you find yourself using certain characters more than others or do you mix it up when you head out?

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 10:50:09 AM »
The first time I played, it seemed like I was using the same characters alot. I only managed to get the Handmadien and Atton turned since I used them the most. It looks like you really should use all of the characters all them time in order to gain their influence to turn them. I don't know if I will do it that way for the dark side or not. I usually just like sticking to one set of characters instead of a whole party. Like Darkside I always have to have HK-47. His dialoges are funny.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 12:01:37 PM »
For some reason I've decided that my character's best friend is T3, so I always try to take him with me wherever I go (kind of hard in the first part of the game). I'm also very nice to him, despite being a total jerk to everyone else, which is annoying because it keeps giving me light side points. I'm enough of a tyrant that I'm still pretty freakishly dark, though, so it's not too bad.

I love having Kreia around because of the Force Chain thing, but I'm getting bored of her. Bao-Dur is cool but his voice gets on my nerves, so I probably won't use him much.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 07:31:25 AM »
I've played through as both sides, and as both sexes. Did anyone else have problems where there would be no sound, and the dialogue would just skip to the part where you get to answer? I wish they would make a patch to fix the more annoying bugs in the game. Still, I though the game was very well done, though the lack of a solid plot and the ending were very dissapointing to me.

As light side I turned every non-droid but Mandalore,  and that was pretty cool. As dark side I mainly just used Handmaiden and Bao-Dur the entire game, which got boring after a while. I'm going to go through as a Jedi Watchman next, and maybe I'll get around to using some of those cheats I learned to, uh... "enhance the gaming experience"  ;D
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 06:53:49 PM »
Tycho just linked to a page on obsidions forums where a user opened up some files and found the oringinal ending for Kortor 2 and tons of missing dialoug.  Apprently lots of things were cut which lead to confsuion.  There are about 45 pages of comments but many have transcripts and MP3s of the dialuge.  I haven't played eithe KoTOR but most people on the fourm were mad Obsidion went with the not so much an ending ending.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 06:53:59 PM by Spriggan »

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 07:25:25 AM »
Having now finished the game, I'm seriously disappointed with the ending and the unresolved sub-plots. Not to mention, what's the deal with Visas' master? All that buildup, a brief fight and that's it ?!?
There's a good editorial here discussing the lack of an ending and missing elements. It also has links to some of the missing cutscenes and dialog.
Bao's voice bothered me too, just something weird about it.
I mostly used Mira (packing a pair of pimped out Mandalorian disintegrators) and Visas. Hardly ever used the droids except when I needed some comic relief by HK.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 11:56:01 AM »
I like Bao's character, but his voice bugs me so much I can't stand to use him. I like Visas, but she's not nearly aggressive enough.

I didn't notice this in the first game, but in Kotor2 I've found that when I give someone actions and then switch to a different character, the first character's action queue frequently gets cleared. That's pretty annoying.

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 01:35:29 AM »
when I give someone actions and then switch to a different character, the first character's action queue frequently gets cleared

That happened to me in the first one too. It is rather annoying, but you want the other characters to do stuff without you babysitting them, so I don't think that there is away around that.