Author Topic: Guild Wars'en  (Read 6074 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Guild Wars'en
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 02:45:05 AM »
Whoa--I thought one of the whole selling points was that anyone could play with anyone? Or is it just anyone can chat with anyone?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 03:02:42 AM »
anyone can play with anyone, but since Entropy is on the European server he cannot see the American Districts just like we cannot see the Asian or European ones.  However there are international districts that you can goto (just selecet International from the drop down when selectings a city's district) were people from any of the three regions can meet up.

Also arena.net allows for people to be able to change their home region if they want upto five times.  

As for PvP that you can allwayse fight against others in the arena no matter what, the only thing that the regions affect are guilds and PvE areas.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 03:03:32 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 06:49:14 AM »
I think i might just get arena.net to change me. I take offence to being surrounded by french :(
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 08:36:57 AM »
Actualy it looks like you can do it yourself

-Log into your Guild Wars account and click the Edit Account button in the lower left corner of the character selection screen.

- Select the Change Territory option followed by the Next button in the lower right corner.

- On the Change Territory screen, you will be informed of the territory to which your account is set, and how many more times you can change that territory.

- Select the new territory you would like to join, then click the newly highlighted Change button in the bottom right corner.

- You should receive a message stating your account location has successfully been changed and your account is now located in the new territory you selected. Click the OK button.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 12:10:04 PM »
My graphics card is not supported by the game, which means that every now and then the ground will disappear, replaced by blank white, and then after a while it will blink back in. The game runs kind of sluggish while the ground is gone. This was very rare in the starter section, but now that I've gone to the future it happens constantly. I might not be on much until Media Play restocks their graphics cards.

Also, I'm kind of bored of my character. I think Ranger/Elementalist was a bad choice. I might start over with a Necro/Warrior.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »
send your old card to me! Im collecting them!

n8sumsion

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 12:50:10 PM »
How is this game for PvE (player vs environment)? I've gotten the impression the game is geared towards PvP team play, which doesn't interest me much. Can you play the game solo and fight against monsters and such and still have a fun time?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 12:58:11 PM »
I've enjoyed the PvE well enough, though my one taste  of PvP so far has been much more entertaining. Sprig says that the PvE missions get better as the game goes on, though--I've only barely left the starter zone.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 01:40:27 PM »
Oi! Warrior/necro was my idea :P

The idea of killing someone with a sword, then turning them into a zombie in the middle of melee, is just too delicious for words.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 02:50:22 PM »
I was thinking more of primary necro to get the Soul Munching power, or whatever it's called, that gives you life when people near you die. Combine that with the necro blood powers (dots that hurt someone and heal you), and then charge into melee.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 05:46:58 PM »
Yes PvE is very Good Nate especially the storybased missions.  There are tons of places to expore outside of the missions too, the misssions themselves probaly only cover a third of the whole map.

I was playing with a necro warrior last night and he did very well, just remember to have plenty of lifestealing spells.  I personaly also have a Warrior Necro sence Necro's have a huge range of debuffs includeing ones that lower armor.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2005, 07:39:29 PM »
Ok guys, I made a guild :D

It's called 'The League of Procrastinators', clantag is LP. I've yet to make the cloak. I'll try inviting the character names mentioned so far in this thread...

Cadamis Landsgrave
Princess Dawn
Yuki Kawaji

I'll be inviting people from an online group of friends, and some from my RPG group, so we should have a few people.

:)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 06:35:57 AM »
How is this game for PvE (player vs environment)? I've gotten the impression the game is geared towards PvP team play, which doesn't interest me much. Can you play the game solo and fight against monsters and such and still have a fun time?

I should address the Solo question, it's a both yes and no.  The first area is designed for it but after that it gets harder, you can solo in one zone after the Prologue area after that you have to use NPC henchmen to fill out your group.

The henchmen are a mixed bag, sometimes they show remarkable intellegence and other times they just stand there as you get beat upon.  There are many areas of the game that would be near impossible with the henchmen because of how they can be unreliable and how later maps/zones are set up with large groups of mobs placed close to each other.

After the Prologue it become nearly impossible to pull singles since about 90% of the mobs are linked to at least one other, and in the later areas 6 or so, that come a chargeing even if they're no where near the one you pulled.  Plus mobs automaticaly attack the casters in the group even if they aren't the closest fighter so you can be fighting one or two and have 4 archers takeing out your mage and healer, that happened to me today.  Had a good group of above lvl 10 players and I died 6 times (healer) in just one small area becaue the groups had at least four mobs in them and they were so close we usealy got two groups.  With three different healing spells, to offset skill cooldown timers, I couldn't heal fast enough to offset the damage I was takeing (and that was usealy from just two mobs).

It's hard to say how well you could solo the missions with the henchmen since I've never tried it before, but I'm sure you could do at least the first few no problem.

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 07:40:08 AM »
Once I get around to buying this game, you can be sure that I'll be running around in the game looking for you guys. Probably without any pants. Oh well...
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 11:54:22 AM »
Given how hot the women are in this game, there's a remarkably high number of people who run around without pants.