Author Topic: LAN problems...  (Read 1521 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
LAN problems...
« on: August 21, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »
Okay, I've semi-recently bought a game, Battle for Middle Earth, and I want to play it on a Local Area Network which is set up and working.  The problem is I only have one copy of the game, and the game can only be run with one of the disks.  I know that the game can be configured to run without the disk because a local gaming center has it on their computers, and they do not need the disk to open and play.  They have the game completely put onto their system.  

I, unfortunately, do not know how to do this if it is not an option during the installation process, which it wasn't.  I tried copying the disk's files to the PC, also, and tricking the PC into thinking the disk was in, but that didn't work either (I suspect because it has a burn lock or something).  I can't burn it and just play with two disks in two different computers (the burn lock again).  Does anybody know how to do this, or at least have some ideas?  I've pretty much exhausted my will to think about it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 04:42:58 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: LAN problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:23:06 PM »
Use a CD crack. http://www.gamecopyworld.com is the best source. However, you'll almost certainly come up against CDKey issues.

LAN centres use special networks, get lots of copies and can tell the pc to look in any of 20 cd drives across the network for the CD.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:44:24 PM »
Thanks a lot, Ent.  I'm sure I can come up with a CD gen somewhere online.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Legion

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I am many within one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 11:35:19 AM »
also if this is a large Gaming place you saw it in they might be running an image of the game off a server.  This would allow the game to be played by anyone who had access to the server without the need to install it or have the cd.
Without death there is no life