Author Topic: Profiles  (Read 4696 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Profiles
« on: October 19, 2004, 12:48:50 AM »
     There are apparently 196 profiles on TWG right now, and the majority of them have barely posted. Why doesn't someone delete some of the profiles that havent been used? I dont really know why someone would make a profile and never post, but why dont we get rid of them? Put out a warning for a week or so and then get rid of them.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Profiles
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 12:58:10 AM »
few reasons

1) First off it makes our forums look busier, there are some companies that send us review matierial after checking the site and forums.  If we deleated all those users it wouldn't look good.

2) Lots of those people, while never posting on the forum, still come to the site and may want to eventualy post.  It would annoy and maybe turn off some people to the site if we deleated their accounts, especialy since some people are very picky about their usernames and it's important for them to have that name on sites they goto.

3) They're not takeing up much space on the server.  Each user profile only uses a coupple of KB of memory.  It's actualy more of a hassle then it's worth in the long run.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:05:28 AM »
basically, because there's no REASON to delete them all.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 10:52:05 AM »
But the most important reason of all (as alluded to in #3) is that it will require someone doing work.  And that just defeats the whole purpose of our great site.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 01:12:14 PM »
I actually came close to doing just that a week or so ago. But, as Sprig pointed out, what if those people only registered to read? They'd come to check for new messages to find their account wiped. Since profiles take up virtually no space, there's no reason to delete them.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."