Author Topic: City of Villains  (Read 9108 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: City of Villains
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2005, 08:34:42 PM »
The last holiday event started where you find and open presents, if you're "nice" you get a special inspiration and if you're "naughty" a bunch of mobs that are the highest level for that zone spawn and kill you fast.  There are 2 badges you get from this so far.  I just went and farmed presents in a lower zone because the mobs are very hard to kill if you don't have protection from immobilization (they freeze you).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 05:17:27 AM »
Fragment has arrived! I went with a Brute, using the Dark Melee and attack set and the Invulnerable defense set; it looks like a lot of fun. For all the Warpo fans, I made sure to include an awesome screenshot of him breaking into a safe--make sure to check it out in the album where you can get a close up, because it looks pretty cool.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2005, 01:09:30 PM »
Cool, I like it.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2005, 01:34:19 PM »
He does look cool....
Hey is there a villain gloat feature...?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »
I'm glad to hear it. Fragment is pretty cool, and a lot of fun to play. I will admit no small bias in turning her from a Stalker to a Brute--Brutes are just so much fun.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2005, 01:42:34 PM »
I was on last night when Fell was redesigning Fragment, glad he finally got something he liked since he would be on for a few minutes then be redesigning for 10 then back on for 5 etc.  If he would have gone through all the brute ATs I'm sure you wouldn't be reading how much he likes her costume but how sick of it he is.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »
So I got my cape and second costume last night with Shadow, and since I don't think my main costume needs a cape I designed the second on with wanting to use my collector's edition cape in mind.  So I came up with an Arachnos themed costume, something that he would have worn years ago before striking it on his own.  He's got a tattered mask from when he got the scar on his face and a skeleton-ish look since this would have been an assassin uniform.

What I'm not sure about is whether or not to have hair showing or not, and if not if I should put any of those funky head fins on.

Anyway I've got a few picutes uploaded with and without the hair if anyone has any suggestions.

http://www.legacieslost.com/4images/details.php?image_id=60

http://www.legacieslost.com/4images/details.php?image_id=61

http://www.legacieslost.com/4images/details.php?image_id=62

http://www.legacieslost.com/4images/details.php?image_id=63

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2005, 01:45:33 PM »
Definitely no hair--he looks awesome without it.

If anyone's curious as to why the blog hasn't been updated in a week or so, my lovely wife got me both Battlefield 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 for Christmas. I haven't played any shooters in about a year, and I am glutting myself.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2005, 05:54:13 PM »
I can always fill in once and a while if you want.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 11:59:12 PM by Spriggan »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »
Battlefield 2 is stinky poo. Unless you find a server with almost no vehicles and lots of squad work, and preferably no commanders. Otherwise it's a giant motorrally with artillery spamming the hell out of anyone who tries to defend a point.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »
Some maps are definitely aweful; I consider bailing on a server any time it starts loading the Daqing oil fields. Some of the maps are awesome, however, and I'm very tempted to get the expansion (which focuses more heavily on city-fights with infantry and few vehicles).

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »
I despise Fushe Pass with a passion. Diagram.

The only good maps in vanilla BF2 are the city ones. Really, i've stopped playing the game because I just find it so boring - you run for 30 minutes to get near the fighting, then get sniped or killed by a vehicle you could never have touched. Any attempt at proper infantry tactics gets you killed by the overly tough jeeps (sorry, but you can pump dozens of rounds into them and not so much as make the driver flinch), nuked by arty strikes or annihilated by a passing tank.

I'm just playing Day of Defeat: Source myself. Excellent game, and I die to proper infantry combat, not some lamer in a abrahams.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:58 AM »
For the Korean release of City of Hero (ya, no 's' in their version) NCS have released, in Korean, the game's character creator.

http://download.coh.co.kr/Client/CCC_Setup.exe

It's got all the costume options including capes and auras.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2006, 03:38:27 AM »
Some maps are definitely aweful; I consider bailing on a server any time it starts loading the Daqing oil fields. Some of the maps are awesome, however, and I'm very tempted to get the expansion (which focuses more heavily on city-fights with infantry and few vehicles).

A few months ago I played this non-stop.  Now I haven't played in months.  I think its a fantastic game, albeit one that barely runs on my system.

The key to enjoying it is playing with a bunch of like-minded folks who communicate and act as a team.  This is rare.  My ex-roomie was in a clan and I ended up playing on their public server a lot which was a lot of fun.

When you have a solid chain of command with people who know what they are doing the game is great fun no matter what the map.