Author Topic: guild wars faction (2)  (Read 12634 times)

ad130

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • HIT MY, HEAD IT WONT HURT
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
Re: guild wars faction (2)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 10:39:45 AM »
i TRY to put up intellengent posts but i have to to start arguing with everyone here because they start on me.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 10:42:37 AM »
No you don't. If they dig in on you, show you're more mature than that and leave it there.

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »
ok  :D  :D

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »
I find a lack of care for these boards by the admins by allowing banned members to come back under new names, repeat their old offenses and not doing anything besides giving said member a slap on the wrist.  Why should he get warnings despite already haven been given those warnings only a few months ago?  Why do this when several forum members have complained about it?  This board's admins really need to get consistent in how things are managed, the rules seam to change week by week on what's allowable moderation.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 01:16:19 PM »
I find a lack of care for these boards by the admins by allowing banned members to come back under new names, repeat their old offenses and not doing anything besides giving said member a slap on the wrist.  Why should he get warnings despite already haven been given those warnings only a few months ago?  Why do this when several forum members have complained about it?  This board's admins really need to get consistent in how things are managed, the rules seam to change week by week on what's allowable moderation.
pssst you might get me kick out AGIAN

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
ad130, while the regulars should just relax and stop antagonizing you, you're not exactly making friends. Seriously. drop it.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »
I was going to relock this thread, considering the back fire against the thread starter, but you know what I don't care if people attack him anymore.  Fell free to attack him boys, I won't lock this thread no matter how vicious it gets.

I find a lack of care for these boards by the admins by allowing banned members to come back under new names, repeat their old offenses and not doing anything besides giving said member a slap on the wrist.

Does anyone besides me see the irony in these two statements? Sprig, you're making childish and personal attacks on some guy for wanting to talk about Guild Wars. Ok, maybe he was banned before. He certainly didn't start the GW thread with anything objectionable, and didn't say anything worth admin attention until you started railing on him.

So yes, maybe admin inconsistancy is getting to be a problem. One definite way to solve that is to have less admins. Being an admin means keeping the peace, not provoking fights where no one's looking for one.

We don't ban people for saying inane or annoying things. If that were the case, I'd have banned every last one of you at some point. So let's just try to keep everything civil.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:47:54 PM »
INANITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT IN THIS MILKTOAST, MORONIC AND MEGALOMANIAC MISH MASH WE CALL AMERICAN CULTURE!!!!!!
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 01:52:19 PM »
I thought there was a purpose of banning members, guess not.  Next thing you'll say is we shouldn't delete spam since all it wants to do is talk.

Give me a break.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 02:01:33 PM »
*I'm* going to lock this thread so we can stop talking about harassing people and whether they should be banned or not. It looks to me like Fell weighed in with his opinion, i'm done whining at that point. Now, if ad130 wants to try one more time to open a guild wars thread, he's free to. And I'll delete any posts that are "we should ban this guy" before he does something stupid.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 02:02:27 PM »
None of this started until Darth ad130 or whatever he wants to call himself turned a thread supposedly about Guildwars into a "Gee whatever happened to that Darth_Smilo guy? (snicker snicker, look at me flaunting my ability to sneak back onto the boards)" thread.  It didn't seem to me like Spriggan was on a witchhunt or anything--ad130 brought this on himself, and since he made that stupid remark, this Guild Wars thread has had nothing to do with Guild Wars or Video Games.  It seems to me Darth gets his kicks by pushing other people's Irritate buttons, which is what got him banned in the first place.  He's up to it again and then tries to claim innocence.  Admins arguing over him on the boards only gives him more jollies.  The Video Game forum was better with him gone, and it'll be better when he gets himself banned once again.

That said, I'd like to talk about the actual topic.  I've been thinking about getting Guild Wars--the original one or the sequel (since it's a standalone, apparently).  How much of a timesink is it?  I consider myself a casual gamer, who occasionally has lots of time to play games.  But I don't like a game where I feel like I HAVE to be on for a certain time or schedule.  Will Guild Wars appeal to me?

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
OK everyone its all in the past now, so can we just talk normaly because i joined these forums to talk about games, book's ect. But NOW were all making fun of each other. Does anyone see a Problem with that  ???  ???  ??? .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:57:17 PM by ad130 »

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
ad130, while the regulars should just relax and stop antagonizing you, you're not exactly making friends. Seriously. drop it.
GOT IT

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
In guild wars factions im a level 11 assasian/ritulist with a mini-pet dragon, he cant fight but he looks cool. Also I got him free because I got the collectors edition  :D  ;D  :D .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 04:13:43 PM by ad130 »

ad130

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adams--Site
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 04:16:09 PM »
He's a banned member, one who caused several problems only a few months ago.

I was going to relock this thread, considering the back fire against the thread starter, but you know what I don't care if people attack him anymore.  Fell free to attack him boys, I won't lock this thread no matter how vicious it gets.
what were these problems.