Author Topic: DotA  (Read 2977 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
DotA
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:28:30 PM »
So, I went through a few pages and I didn't find anything on this.

I've recently become obsessed with this Swedish Techno DJ, Basshunter.  He sings this song about playing DotA and I was wondering if anyone has ever played it, because I was thinking about playing it, but I don't want to download it if it sucks.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: DotA
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »
My brother-in-law loves it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
My brother-in-law loves it.
Sweet thanks, I may download it to see what happens.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »
I play it all the time. If you like micromanaging your troops in RTS's, you should like it. The really cool thing about it is that they did an excellent job balancing all the heroes, so that there isn't one hero that absolutely dominates all of the others.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
what's DotA?

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »
I don't play it but it is an extremely popular mod based off of Blizard's Warcraft III game called Defense of the Ancients. (DotA.)  Instead of controlling armies like a normal real-time strategy game you control a single unit; your hero. He/she/it levels up and gains new abilities to use against other player-controlled heroes.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

ajw

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:48:51 AM »
Saw the video game list and I had to check if Warcraft 3 or DotA was in here. So happy to see it. Probably one of my favorite games, DotA adds the elements of a RTS with a RPG making for a unique and interesting mini-game. You have to have Warcraft 3 to play it, and it's a downloadable custom map. Players get 1 hero, either agility, intelligence, or strength, and attempt to kill the opposing team. 10 players are split up 5-5, sentinel-scourge, and have 3 lanes to face off in. Creep waves along with heros attempt to push to destroy the other enemies base. Items are thrown into the mix, along with very intricate and original spells. Great game, and I know it sounds like I'm trying to sell it, but it sells itself. That sums the game up.

If you have any more questions about it just send me a message and I'll happily reply. Also, if you buy Warcraft and decide to get dota send me a message and we'll game sometime :D

Best luck,
~AJW~
Carpe Nocturne - Cause we don't sleep