Author Topic: On a more serious note  (Read 10057 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
On a more serious note
« on: April 24, 2006, 03:40:21 PM »
Congrats to Fell for such a clever poll this week. In related news, I did, in fact, quit my job. Or rather, I gave notice today, but my last working day isn't until May 16th.

So, what does that mean for this site? First, we'll be moving to a new server. I can't keep this one free anymore, and though I could start paying for it, I'd rather just move to a cheaper host. (Yeah, what does THAT tell you about what I think of my company...) Moving will most likely involve a little downtime, but I'll give announcements and such when we get closer to that.

Second, depending on my programming mood swings, TWG may get some work done on it. I'm not promising anything at the moment, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anyway, at very least, I want to assure everyone that TWG isn't going away. It started as an experiment all those years ago, and it's been an amazingly successful one. Thanks to all of you who contribute and keep us going. And thanks to the rest of you who come by and visit. :)
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: On a more serious note
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »
As one who recently got a new job I know the feeling about old jobs, it's just I'm at my old one still for silly reasons.  So do you have new job already lined up or are you planning on living off the revenue from the 24-hour TageCam?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:59:01 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: On a more serious note
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »
Mostly the TageCam.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."