Author Topic: Warcraft III  (Read 2842 times)

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
Warcraft III
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:05:51 AM »
Warcraft III is a great game. Choose between 4 races and try out battle.net to play online against friends and other people!
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Warcraft III
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:56:17 AM »
You sir are a spammer brought here by some craphead trying to infiltrate our world! You will get out and make money off some other monkey's who are unable to differentiate between your unbiased opinions!

EDIT: Just to clarify for anyone that thinks otherwise; the above note is entirely sarcastic and full of a humor that either few posses or are entirely uncertain as to what they actually think is or isn't funny.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:56:51 AM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:22:54 AM »
however, there is the necessity of pointing out that this post really doesn't contribute much of anything, and if you want to talk about Warcraft III you could say something more insightful than "i like it" and a few factoids we all are aware of already.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »
Especially for a game that's, what, four years old?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »
And has lame graphics.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 02:40:57 PM »
Lame?

oooooooh, now you've done it

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »
Well, it is four years old; I would hope that in that amount of time computer graphics would have improved a little.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »
Even for the day, the graphics were a little muddy, but all of the little tidbits and doodads blizzard adds are beautiful.

I recently did a LAN party with War3, we played DOTA all night.

Got a couple guys really pissed off at me and my good friend when we got two sheep sticks (polymorph staffs) and never let them do anything.

Fun game for LAN's
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

digitalbias

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »
And let's face it, I know people who still rant and rave over Starcraft, which is much older than WC3.

I was just looking at the world editor for WC3 and there is some serious power there. Very flexible, and customizable with all kinds of quests and objectives. And really, has there been a better Computer RTS game that comes close to it since?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 05:51:23 PM »
Not since, but Starcraft (which came before) was still better.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Linternet

• Level 3
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »
Not since, but Starcraft (which came before) was still better.

100% Agreed. 8 years since it's release and there is still a health pro-gaming community in South Korea based on the game.

I'm now in the mood to play again.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 03:58:27 AM »
And really, has there been a better Computer RTS game that comes close to it since?

I'd argue for Dawn of War, Rome total war (for all it's flaws) to name two. Warcraft 3 was a painfully slow game in skirmish games, it took ages to afford units. Dawn of war is much faster, much more exciting. Not only that, but the units were both better animated and were simply better conceived.

To go on a huge tangent, Company of Heroes, the new game from the relic guys, is fantastic. It's like Dawn of War, but realistic feeling WW2 combat, with heavy emphasis on fortifying buildings, with a more mature version of the Dawn of War resource type (instead of a generic requisition and base-built energy, you get Manpower, Fuel and Ammunition capture points. Fuel is used for tanks, Ammunition is used to activate special abilities like the Calliope Barrage and use high-level doctrine powers like Call Tiger Ace, and manpower is used for everything in general. Basically the best part about it is that they managed to make a game that feels like it's a real WW2 battle, but fun fast and exciting. As opposed to the days of Close Combat, 4 hours to move your guys across the street.

If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch