Author Topic: Cyber Nations  (Read 15061 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cyber Nations
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
Yeah, that would be easy, and I was doing it, except some idiot declared war on me for no reason
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 10:48:08 AM »
That happens. Especially out of alliances. I'm moderately safe, because even if someone does declare war on me, i'd just shout for help and the guy whould get zerg rushed.  Of course, my alliance is at war, but there is no NAAC nearby who are in my war-range. So i'm safe atm.

Who is attacking you? Can you post the battles? I've sent an aid offer of 74 men to you. Accept it, and remember to change your DEFCON to 1 so you can cheaply recruit soldiers. Do that AFTER you collect taxes (since it reduces tax income I believe) on the first day, but remember it'll take a few days for it to be changed again.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 10:53:09 AM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »
This is the guy who attacked me:
Nation: russmania
Ruler: lars the goodlooking
Team: Red
Soliders: 65
Defcon Level: 3

I can't help but laugh with glee; thanks to you and Archon I now have 183 soliders, I can't wait for tomorrow so I can deploy them.

EDIT: here's the battles I've been in.
Battle 1: You have been attacked by lars the goodlooking. You lost 4 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 15 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.000 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.000 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $20.57 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory.

Battle 2: You have been attacked by lars the goodlooking. You lost 12 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 1 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.040 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.134 infrastructure. Their forces looted $3.04 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

Battle three I lost (it was a counter attack) and he killed 12 guys, and gained about 17 dollars.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 06:39:52 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »
When he inevitably has to surrender to you, remember to demand reparations. Grind him into poverty!

Reparations are a major part of the alliance meta-game. It's been known for reparations to run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars after alliance wars :)

Russmania:
Nation Strength:       15.461 (My nation strength is: 177.035)
/me smirks

I can't actually war with him (out of range - needs to be within 10 points or so of my nation strength and within 1500 miles) but I'll continue sending you soldiers as you need.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 07:00:03 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 01:54:54 AM »
Actually what I need right now is money (I have a 15 cent decifit) since with all the soliders I have defending my economy is pretty much screwed (about a hundred dollars in taxes screwed). It might clear up when I depoly in the morning, but as far as I'm concerned I don't think I'll be to milk out more than three hundred or so.

As reperations go not only am I going to bankrupt him, but I'm thinking of just declaring war on him again after winning and ruining his economy to teach him a lesson, and it'd be fun to crush what little chance of recovery he has.

Declare war on me will you!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:01:24 AM by OneEyedGreenPerson »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 06:12:07 AM »
hmmm
looks like The Confederation of Transylvana and Environs is going to be back in buisness...

I'll tell you bout it when I get home and create my nation... Green of course...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 06:35:45 AM »
Yeah, I just carried out two succesful attacks against him.
Battle 1:You have been attacked by Egardo. You lost 5 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 6 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.018 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.094 infrastructure. Their forces looted $3.54 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

Battle 2: You have been attacked by Egardo. You lost 18 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 18 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.019 miles of your land, stole 0.000 technology, and destroyed 0.098 infrastructure. Their forces looted $6.22 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Defeat.

Sorry, they're from his perspective; I just copied the battle reports the system sent to him.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=17367

Transylvana Majoris
Ruler name Mad Dr Jeffe
Cattle and Timber
near moldavia...

Team Green!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:24:05 PM by ElJeffe »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »
Hey FPM... are you attacking? You have to use the 'deploy military' button to do so. Me and archon looked at russmania, he's worse than you in every way and has gotten only a tiny trickle of foreign aid, so we can't see how he stood up to the 150 soldiers we sent you :s

Tomorrow we'll throw some cash at you, you can use it to buy loads of soldiers and make sure to deploy loads of them into his sensitive areas. :D

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 11:02:08 PM »
and you'll loan me lunch money so I can build up some infra in hippy mode... then I'll go militaristic...

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »
Jeffe, you know you don't have to be on hippy mode right? You can't be attacked until your fourth day. Hopefully, we should have you decently strong by then. To that end, we are sending you some aid. We will be sending you a lot, but only keep 1000 of the money for yourself. Send the rest of the money and the troops to FMP, since he is in a war right now.

FMP, we are going to funnel you some more aid. It is from the Jurado Digital Alliance. It is not conditional, it is an act of good faith. If you want to join, after this is done, feel free to do so. When you are sufficiently rebuilt, we will talk again.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 12:31:35 AM »
Hey FPM... are you attacking? You have to use the 'deploy military' button to do so. Me and archon looked at russmania, he's worse than you in every way and has gotten only a tiny trickle of foreign aid, so we can't see how he stood up to the 150 soldiers we sent you :s

Tomorrow we'll throw some cash at you, you can use it to buy loads of soldiers and make sure to deploy loads of them into his sensitive areas. :D

I've been attacking, but I sent too many out the first day and it started riots, which crippled my economy. Then yesterday night (I was up late) I attacked again and then pulled a large portion of my troops back to defend against a counter attack, which wouldn't have been a problem except I then bought enough soliders to make my citizens unhappy.

So yeah, I have been attacking with deployed military, but seeing as this is my first time I haven't been doing a praticularly good job. No worries though, the whole trial and error thing really works.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 12:35:03 AM »
With the number of troops we sent you, you should be able to keep like 60 back to defend, and then attack with the rest,  which should amount to well over 100. Anyway, check your PM's.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »
the alliance feature is totally roleplaying right?

Cause I really dont read manuals.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 02:37:34 AM »
ok as pathetic as it is 10 soldiers have been sent to aid my ally Sober Ireland in crushing Russmania, which sounds suspiciously like wrasslemania.

Im still waiting for yall to donate a few florins my way though for some good old fashioned development.