Author Topic: Cyber Nations  (Read 15062 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Cyber Nations
« on: May 20, 2006, 06:48:54 PM »
http://www.cybernations.net/
Does anyone else play this? I heard about it some time last week, and have been playing ever since. If anyone has ever played Nation States, it is similar, except with more features, and with an element of Risk gameplay added in.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Cyber Nations
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »
That looks kinda promising. Reckon we could resurrect Procrastania and become an alliance of belligerent yet lazy nations waging war upon anything within casual strolling distance?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 05:16:38 AM »
I wasn't here for Procrastania, so I wouldn't know about that one, but it would be cool to get a group of TWGers going. If anyone wants to join, I should be able to protect you until you get on your feet. Or, if you want, I can give you guys a jumpstart on money. Mind you, I've only been going less than two weeks, and I am not in any alliances, so I won't be able to help everyone as much as I would like to, but let me know your country name, and I will do what I can.

By the way, I am The Master Archon, my nation is Halo I (in Eastern Europe), and I am on Team Green.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:17:59 AM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
I will probably get interested in it. Procratania sounds like it is called for once again.

Just so you know Archon, when we first heard about Nation States, several of us were interested and there was a short-lived TWG continent, which we called Procrastania. Then it got repetitive really fast, so we all stopped ogin.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »
Sounds like fun, me thinks I will try it.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
Nation: Neo-Assyria.
Ruler Name: Entsuropi
Resources: Gold and Furs (?)
Team: Green.

I've got an Arabic population, with a totalitarian government (the people want a royalty), i'm using the Riyal as a currency (rl currency of Saudi Arabia, who have a royal family) and the people want to be Buddhist. I'm a third world nation and I suck in pretty much every way measured.

How do we set up alliances?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:39:09 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »
Also, lets all go into team green. There are some benefits to teams and i don't think we gain anything by not sticking together like that.

EDIT: Being in a team only means you get a happiness bonus from trading with another team member. It's got nothing to do with anything else, and you can switch teams apparently.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:20:41 AM by Charlie82 »

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:16 PM »
       You can switch teams, but I think it is still a good idea to all be on team green, if only because other people usually draw alliances according to teams, so if you are on another team, people from green team won't usually be as friendly, so it could be a conflict of interests.

Tomorrow, Ent, I should be able to give you a decent boost, somewhere along the lines of 750 Marks, and more, as time goes on. I would give you more, but I don't want to fall too far behind on upgrading my own country. Also, I should be able to help you militarily, if someone attacks you. Hopefully, we can get you to a reasonable level, and then we can both help anyone else who wants to join.

Alliances aren't really officially supported, i.e. there is no game feature that forms an alliance. It is just an agreement between you and I that we will support each other militarily, financially, whatever. If you want a more official feel, the more established alliances will put something in their profile to signify that they are part of an established alliance.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 12:57:03 PM by Archon »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »
Yeah. I've been looking at the alliances forum. It's kinda disturbing to see that the largest alliances have like 30 nukes between them. It'd be nice to have a page listing various alliance stuff, as it appears very odd and forum based for that side of things. Largest alliances have over 100 members apiece.

I'd say that worrying about wars is not a big concern, but I just spotted that there are 1,800 wars currently raging in a game with 10,000 nations. 3 nuclear attacks in the last day or so.

Main need is to get hold of some resources. Do you have access to any of these, archon?

rubber
coal
spices
sugar
Wheat
Cattle
Fish

All of those have some degree of population growth enhancement.

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »
I do have rubber, but I already have all of my trading slots full. What I would suggest Ent, is to just go shopping in the new green countries section, find the resources you want, and offer a trade agreement. That's what I did, for the most part.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 07:21:50 PM by Archon »

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:21:47 AM »
Whoa, Ent. I went to give you foreign aid, but when I discovered that you had more troops than I did, I assumed that you were already getting all the foreign aid you need.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 06:46:02 AM »
Heh, yeah. I dropped a $5 donation down (you get some minor bonuses in return) and spent most of it on infrastructure, but a bit on troops. Game kept complaining at me for having too small an army - so now 10% of my total population are under arms.

Swell.

Fellfrosch

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
Oh, yeah, I forgot;
Nation: Sober Ireland
Ruler: Egardo
Resources: Gems and Suger
Team: green

My nation hates their goverment (not really, they just want to be democratic) and wants to be Islamic. I need more money, other than that I'm doing well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:18:14 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:04 PM »
Yeah, the money problem gets better as you go. In a week or two, it should clear up.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 07:58:05 AM »
Yeah, buy infrastructure with a few soldiers constantly for the time being. I'm breaking $6,000 taxes per day.

Fellfrosch