• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
WOW-BC
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:45:53 PM »
So instead of giving us new classes in BC Blizzard is giving the Horde Paladins and the Alliance Shamans.

Lame.  Really there's no difference between the factions now Blizz should just get rid of factions all together.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/21/burning-crusade-gives-wow-players-alliance-shamans-horde-paladi/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:48:26 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: WOW-BC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
I actually think this is an awesome change, and one that should have happened earlier.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

PixelFish

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fish
    • View Profile
    • LisMitchell
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »
I'm looking forward to the expansion myself, but alas, I am kind of annoyed that the new Horde race is the Blood Elves. While functionally different than the night elves, the fact that they are just more pointy eared elves....bah. The Horde always gets the cool stuff second-hand.

The faction stuff is way borked playwise. I know most of my fellow Horde were delighted by the battlegrounds being implemented merely because it was the only time we'd face even numbers in PVP. On my server, the ratio was close to 5:1. I hear it's even more insane on the Japanese servers.

I think the Dranei look nifty though. I guess this means I can finally play with my Alliance friends. :)
.she.sings.from.somewhere.you.can't.see.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:37:38 AM »
Speaking as a 'lock main, I'm extremely excited by the newly announced level 70 talents.  Of course, this means I actually have to get to 60 first . . .

Anyone care to comment on the other class talents?  I don't know them well enough to give an informed opinion.

PixelFish

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fish
    • View Profile
    • LisMitchell
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:40:01 AM »
Ironically, the classes I normally play, Hunter and Druid, haven't had their talents announced yet. But yes, I understand the Warlocks are getting some neat stuff. My boyfriend is excited--he's got a lvl 52 'lock he's been levelling and I think he wants her to be his expansion character. (He also has lvl 60s warrior and rogues.)
.she.sings.from.somewhere.you.can't.see.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
The Warrior stuff is rad. I just specced into Arms to try it out, but these talents are more then enough to pull me right back into Fury. Rampage, the new top talent, is awesome.

edit: what I failed to notice until just now is that they've completely rewritten the lower half of the warrior trees as well. Tactical Mastery is now in protection, Improved Rend is no longer part of the Impale line, and many other very interesting changes. I didn't notice at first because Fury wasn't changed at all. This should be fun.

Here's my projected spec at this point. I don't know if impale will really be more useful than two extra points in Tactical Mastery, but we'll see. And an orc warrior with Iron Will is a very cool thing indeed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:58:34 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net