Author Topic: An Xbox in the House  (Read 4175 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: An Xbox in the House
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »
Prey was fun but yeah, it was short. It seems that all shooters are that way now - it takes so much work to make the levels that you just don't get many of them. It's not the days of doom 1, 9 months to make a game that lasted what? 30, 40 hours? Modern shooters take 3 years and hundreds of guys to make 10 - 15 hours.

Though mind you, I wasn't exactly chomping at the bit by the end - the storyline didn't quite live up to it's early promise. Shooters are having a hard time living up to my expectations to be honest - I found Doom 3 average and Quake 4 terrible. I found the original quake (played through it recently) to be more fun than 4.

Lasted longer too.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »
I'm just gonna bring this back for one last stint to say that I have now finally, gotten for myself, a 360. And it is sleek and sexy and full of awesome. Now...if I can just figure everything out...
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »
Also, Dr. P, how do I go about finding a clan to join for Chromehounds? I would like to start fighting the good fight against some peoples.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo