Author Topic: LotR Risk  (Read 2838 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
LotR Risk
« on: October 17, 2002, 12:19:02 PM »
So I here that a Lord of the Rings version of Risk is coming out. Has anyone else heard about this and what's different about the game?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: LotR Risk
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 01:26:05 PM »
It's already out in England, and will be coming out here in November. As near as I can tell it's produced by the Avalon Hill branch of Hasbro, and I've asked for it but haven't heard anything. It's got the same number of territories and areas as normal risk, so you can play normal risk on it, but the map is actually Middle Earth and drawn by a professional Middle Earth map artist. There are four armies, two good and two evil, and a bunch of adventure cards that let you do some extra funky things in addition to the normal risk stuff. I don't know much else, but I do know that I am giddy with anticipation.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: LotR Risk
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 07:30:08 PM »
I've seen the LotR Risk set.  It is indeed a good buy.  Just wait until my Uruk captain stomps that giddy grin off of Gandalf's smarmy mug.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly