Author Topic: Jobs and stuff  (Read 1551 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Jobs and stuff
« on: October 17, 2003, 05:32:55 PM »
Just because I'm always looking for new jobs and it seems that most of my friends are also looking for jobs I thought I'd post job oppurtunities as I find them.

Scholastic in NYC is hiring for a couple different editorial positions. Stacer, Fell, and SE might want to look into this.

http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/job/nyc.htm
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Jobs and stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 07:46:34 PM »
You'd have to reloacte for this one but a Japanese Video game developer is looking for someone to design a game (no experence nessacary) and for and a graphix designer (no video game experence nessacary).  Tempting eh?
http://www.tri-ace.com/recruit/page1.html

oh and that page is in english
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 07:47:35 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 07:47:09 PM »
Eric is looking into both.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 08:03:03 PM »
Good, because I'm sick of Japanese RPGs with stupid endings. And stupid stories, and you would not produce either one.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 08:04:48 PM »
Of course, the chances of you producing an RPG rather than a FTS is probably slim . . .

Not that I know.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 08:15:34 PM »
Japanese hate FPS MoD, and that companie does RPGs, but they didn't say there was a restriciton on game genra.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 08:16:58 PM »
Thanks for catching the misspelling Sprig. ;) My fingers got FPSs and RTSs mixed up.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 04:28:13 PM »
While we're on the subject (yeah, I know were weren't for the last month or so...)

http://jobs.brassring.com/us/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=149276&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1

DC Comics is looking for a story editor for the Manga Wild Storm line. 2 Yrs story editing experience (anyone at TLE has that), familiarity with manga, and 25% travel to Japan required. Japanese proficiency desired.

I'm gonna apply just for kicks, even though my familiarity with manga is only passing. I'm hoping my cultural knowledge through Japanese literature and Akira Kurosawa films will be enough to compensate. This would be a cool job.