Author Topic: Cool stuff found on the Internet (Take 2)  (Read 50964 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Cool stuff found on the Internet (Take 2)
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2002, 04:29:48 PM »
That site could be used for great evil. ;D ;D
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2002, 09:16:52 PM »
That's just what 42 and EUOL needed to hear ;D
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2002, 10:37:52 PM »
Hum.  I clicked on the site, and it was very sad, because it started making fun of Beaker.  (At first I wondered who it could be talking to, since it obviously wasn't refering to me.  Then I realized it must have been talking about my bird.  It might be right, but that still isn't very nice.)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2002, 10:47:43 PM »
I think Beaker has eaten EUOL and has now taken his spot on the message board.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2002, 10:34:22 AM »
bsafdlkj skldfj -sdkldjf lk jfd--BEAKER! BEAKER!--alkd osdif lk eoi230ivc.,zxa.

stacer

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2002, 07:25:44 PM »
I posted this over at AORP this morning, too, but thought I'd cross-post to be sure. This was emailed to my company as a press release. I thought you'd all find it immensely amusing.

for immediate Release

[email protected]

The present press release is sent to a selected number of media contacts which created the most compatible impression with us become.

If you would like to get our occasional press releases no more henceforth, then, you please answer this e-mail with the word “enfernen” in the reference line.
Consequently, we will immediately take you from our dispatcher list.

“Gothic against terror”

On the basis of the bad force file of the Satanic - Pair of Ruda and the Erfurter amuck, I have established the campaign “Gothics against terror”. So far, it is present in the internet exclusively under http://www.gothic-against-terror.com. The fatal defamation of the Gothik-scene and also the consequently concerned people, is allowed to and can be tolerated no more longer. The base picture of our society, incorrect, immediately should become corrected before it assumes serious social sizes. The coverage of the media is based exclusively on Unknown, claims and bad, slanderous Talkabout.Die Gothik - movement has nothing, but also not the lowest with the dreadful satanics mean! Satanics are not to be identified through their optics, that something marks them its the single belief alone. Sound investigations prove that they avoid even all sensation strictly.

Exclusively the media world possesses the Possebility, our society the real facts, to mediate over the Gothik's. Fact is, Gothiks express their personal life attitude like every other grouping. Unfortunately, the people immediately associate the evil and the death with this admittedly very bizzaren style. This grouping gives serious thought only very critically to topic to the taboo
death on that occasion. They accept it as an obvious component of the human existence. The society cannot understand that black lets also beautiful things bandaged with the color. As for example melancholy, romanticism, protection and security. their interests are directed at the lyric, the Middle ages, old graveyards, vampire stories, that of Mytologie as well as various occult Themes. Occult is on no account with the evil, however, to equate. It is the fascination of the fear, miraculous phenomenons and white magic. It happens from pure interest and on no account in the intent, to practice angry rituals. they embody a peaceful way of life, extend rather back and occupy itself with their thoughts and the sense of the life.

Through the immense prejudices, they are met with very big refusal in the everyday life, partial is even made unbearable it them. Angry gazes, insults, to be served even the refusal. The fear that somebody from fear of the "supposedly satanic thought property “some dreadful one could commit, lies consequently very draws near. One can let do it so far come by no means.

It would be the modified media certainly more profitable not to revise reality. The topic Satanism can be wiped out to the suffices, delivers headlines. However, the Constitution of the human dignity should not be changed to this case by the freedom of the press.

Dwayne

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2002, 05:25:27 AM »
hmmm
i do this work alone...and i guess theres no need to hire a editor. it was a single action.

i know that is a shaky piece (made by power translator pro)  

okay stacer...so just try to translate a text into german..with power translator..and no help..

whos laughing now?  

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2002, 05:16:32 PM »
I'm always impressed by what translator programs are able to pull off--no matter how eloquent the original piece, they turn it into laughable (but usually intelligible) English. It's a question I've always wondered about Star Trek--when they use the universal translators, does it make them sound like backwater hicks to whatever new race they've just encountered? When aliens come to Earth and try to communicate, will they all talk like hillbillies?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2002, 01:17:18 PM »
Lol.  I can only think what my Korean must sound like...

Cecile G. Bagsworth The 3rd

• Administrator
  • Level 6
  • I love money.
    • View Profile
    • TWG
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2002, 04:03:27 PM »
http://www.actsofgord.com/

I can't remember if this has been posted at some point in the past, but it's very amusing.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2002, 03:06:50 PM »
As someone at work once said, "I'm so glad I'm not that stupid."
Ignorance is a common ailment. In time, it goes away. Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2002, 09:19:48 PM »
This is great stuff. And i have to say that I love the-

"And do not, I repeat, do not say "if she is really into the hardcore anime scene, I can get import DVD's from Japan and Hong Kong" when I'm talking to a 14 year old girl's mother."
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2002, 01:35:05 PM »
It's DJ-ing music fun!  It's cruelty to cute furry animals!
What is it?

http://www.yomgaille.com/bordel/kittens/
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2002, 05:15:33 PM »
I was looking through old posts on this thread catching up and I ran across the triangle problem. It didn't bother me. I don't really see what the problem is. The shapes are in different spots so the conglomerate shape looks different. What's weird about that?

I liked the Gord page though Tage. That was cool.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2002, 07:23:40 PM »
The weird part, Prometheus, is the area. Putting the shapes in different spots does not change the total area of the four shapes. It's not a matter of the conglomerate shape looking different, it's a matter of there suddenly being a hole in the middle of it that should not, technically, be there. Moving shapes around does not change their area.

(Well, unless you cheat, like this guy did, and hide it with thick lines.)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net