Author Topic: driver's licensing  (Read 1208 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
driver's licensing
« on: December 29, 2003, 04:10:50 PM »
Okay so I just had a birthday, and coincidentally it caused my driver's license to expire. However, since I have a b-day at the end of the year and can wait until friday and renew my license at the start of next year. This would give me a whole extra year until I have to renew it again.

I did this last time I renewed my license, but it seemed much more convenient then. The problem I have now is not just putting up with limited mobility for a couple of days, but that I can't do a lot of things that require a current driver's license. My biggest problem is that I'm job hunting and most jobs require a current driver's license before they will hire you. So should I renew my license now or wait until next year?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: driver's licensing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 04:38:33 PM »
How many interviews you going to have in the next two days? Because I can't think that many people will be interviewing on Thursday. I say wait.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 07:50:21 PM »
Sounds like you are going to have to stand in line anyway. Might as well just do it and get it over with.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 07:55:09 PM »
Yes, but do I want to have to repeat standing in line again in four years or five years.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 08:06:46 PM »
There is a place you can renew your licence in Provo right by Novell, in the same building as the Utah Community Credit Union bank.  Its there just for renews, so generally it only takes about 15 minutes.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 09:46:24 PM »
generally, there is LESS waiting in line at the beginning of the month than the end of the month.

*nod*