Author Topic: Help! Need New Years Eve Party  (Read 2666 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Help! Need New Years Eve Party
« on: December 31, 2003, 02:10:53 AM »
So Prometheus and I have decided that we need to do something for New Years Eve.

We realize that about half of the TWG Utah members lack sufficient interpersonal skills to organize an event and remember to invite us. (You know who you are you selfish pigs). So, we are thinking of having a get together of some kind at our place. Is anyone interested?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Help! Need New Years Eve Party
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 02:19:15 AM »
Oh how quickly you forget 42.  Everyone's going to Earls party weither he likes it or not.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 02:20:23 AM »
Exactly who is everyone?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 02:29:18 AM »
I was planning a TWG newyears eve event at the cottentree and EUOL, Fell and Tage said they'd be at Earls.  I'm goining too, beacuse Earl has money so there will be good food there.  Kije's wife refuses to goto a nerd party so he's out.  I don't want to speak for Earl or his house so ask, I don't think there would be any problem with you two comming.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 02:37:43 AM »
See inviting oneself to a party is a particularly uncouth or civilized. See it places the person giving the party in an awkward position. If the host says know then he or she has most likely made an enemy. If he or she says yes then an excuse must be made as to why they snubbed the invitee to begin with.

Now for the person asking to be invited, well it's just humiliating. You kind of have to except that you are not important enough to be thought about by the one hosting and chances are the host just finds you to be an annoyance and was hoping you would never notice that he or she was throwing a party.

Hence let me refer you to a previous statement:
We realize that about half of the TWG Utah members lack sufficient interpersonal skills to organize an event and remember to invite us. (You know who you are you selfish pigs).

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 06:48:23 AM »
The people that have showen intrest in comming are  

me
Steve (my old roomate, some of you know him)
Fell
Tage
micha

I'm assumeing my rommates 42 and Promethious will be there to.

--Posted by Sprig in a thread discussing TWG get-togethers.  He had to 'assume' because neither of you responded to his post asking if anyone wanted to have a new year's party.  Odd that this would happen on a forum where--on a separate occasion--you got huffy when I requested that someone point out a post to you, since I was worried you wouldn't see it.

Now for the person asking to be invited, well it's just humiliating. You kind of have to except that you are not important enough to be thought about by the one hosting and chances are the host just finds you to be an annoyance and was hoping you would never notice that he or she was throwing a party.

Perhaps instead of being self-centeredly insistent that you are a pathetic, betrayed victim, you could try giving your friends the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 07:04:12 AM by EUOL »
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 08:47:53 AM »
Thanks EUOL, and 42 I even talked to you about this several times in person!  I said I'd like to have a party at the cottentree and, of course, you and Promethious are invited.  Then I told you that it was cancled becasue of lack of intrest and earl's party.  I then said if you want I can ask if you and Promethoius could come, and you said you'd think about it.  I was invited to Earl's party because I ASKED if I could come, I did not invite myself.   I wasn't invited at first, why?  becasue no one new I had intrest until I asked.  I think you own me and everyone else an apology for calling us "Selfish Pigs".  We're not, we tried to include you but it's not our fault you don't remember.

But anyway I just realised I am working tonight so you all enjoy your selfloathing or parties, what ever floats your boat.  I'm actualy kinda of releaved that I wont have to worry about it anymore.  What's the point of trying to have fun if your friend tries to make you feel bad for doing so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:04:47 AM by Spriggan »

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 11:06:13 AM »
Sorry, I kind of don't have a whole lot of faith in you guys. In fact, I believe we've had this same discussion repeatedly in the past. The change of venue has had me quite confused.

I'll make sure Prometheus knows he's welcomed to attend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 11:11:20 AM by 42 »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 12:31:16 PM »
I realize that this party is designed for normal people, but I'm going to nerd it up and bring my Magic cards...and, possibly, my Heroclix. Even if I don't use them, at least I'll have them just in case.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 01:16:51 PM »
Two notes:

Pretty much everyone is invited to our New Year's party. Yes, we're hoping for a large turn-out of non-nerds, but I still have no idea who's actually coming.

Feel free to bring any Magic decks, Heroclix stuff, or other nerdly items, but there's a high likelihood there won't be room to play.

We live at 1440 N. 880 W. in Orem, and like I said, you're all welcome to join us.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 01:28:45 PM »
ah yes, here it is. Less than 12 hours till the moment, and I still dont' have plans. I keep hoping that I'll be able to at least play strategy games, if not role play, but I have little to no hope for that, since really the only guy I know who'd be interested is Jeffe (let's not even think about my in-laws) and since he hasn't mentioned anything either, I reckon he's got plans already.

If someone gets online I'll probably be available for games of Magic on that Netdraft game, or buttonmen, or something else that takes low system resources. I'll probably watch movies and try to write though.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 03:12:18 PM »
I hadn't realized it at first, but I made plans with my friends tonight to play the Civilization board game. I didn't even notice that it was new years eve. Goes to show you how I spend my day before the renewed new year.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 03:18:01 PM »
Fell:  it comes as a complete shock to me that you even know any non-nerds, with the exception of Dawn's friends (and most of those are Wyomingans - just as bad, if not worse).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 03:18:22 PM by House_of_Mustard »
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2003, 04:18:31 PM »
Some friends of ours just invited us to their place on Sunday to play Zarahemla, which is basically Settlers of Cattan. I was brutally beaten, but I highly recommend the game.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2003, 04:43:34 PM »
42:  We probably shouldn't have jumped on you so hard.  Looking at that second post again, and seeing the kind of grammar you used, it was probably written during one of your...less stable periods.  

Anyway, yes, you're welcome to come.  

Sprig, why are you working?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch