• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Toys
« on: February 07, 2004, 10:22:01 PM »
so I was in Target today and looked at some of the new toys.

The action figures for the next Spidey movie are out. Well, two versions of Spider-Man are. I was really hoping to see a Doc Ock (probably for the best, I really shouldn't be buying, and if they did a good job, there's little that would have stopped me).

Hasbro's got a new design for GI Joe. All new character designs, etc. Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes look cool, but Duke still pretty much looks like crap. The new Scarlett pretty much sucks too. Too bad, because I never got one from the last series, which is probably the only series to do a satisfatory job of the character (despite the fact that none of the other female characters looked good at all, Lady Jaye, for example, had a head that was far too small).

What's really cool are the new BTR series of toys. Built To Rule made a mark originally by being a lego clone that was actually compatible with Lego. now that Lego has a history of having too many weird shaped pieces, the market's open for some other options. The Star Wars Lego series, for example has standard lego men with either weird heads (Jar Jar) or strange hair-dos (Quigon).  BTR's taken a completely different (and, might I add, cooler) approach. The Transformers: Armada BTR sets, well, Transform. I'd rather buy a Transformer I can build than one of the standard toys. The GI Joe BTR sets come with an action figure who rides the vehicle you build. A real GI Joe action figure.

/me is tempted.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Toys
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 10:46:55 PM »
I fell away from action figures, ect. years ago.  This is about the time I discovered both homework and puzzle games, like tetris which I am utterly addicted and have no hope of stoping, probably ever in my life as it is such a good games.  I will buy the legos and stuff every now and then, and I too am tempted by those sweet transforming hodalalas, but I then remember I have no, and probably wont have any for a very long time, money.  I then sulk away to a book store and read a book inside the store, as I cannot actually buy them.  Too bad you can't play with the good toys inside the store...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Toys
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 11:52:07 PM »
that would be cool.

I dont' have the money for them either, which is why it would not be good to make such a purchase. I do kinda need a new Chewbacca, as I'm sure eventually the one I have will be fully claimed by my 3 year old daughter.