Author Topic: Does anyone here read Swedish?  (Read 1641 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Does anyone here read Swedish?
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:34:13 AM »
Apparently my little brother made into a local newspaper, but I don't know what it says and my brother hasn't bothered to translate.

So here's the article:
http://www.corren.se/archive/2004/4/24/1rh47smpwu0ltxp.xml?category=1mr1jnz4hikuz5s
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Does anyone here read Swedish?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:38:33 AM »
I wish I read Swedish. Then I could do my family history in that area more efficiently.

Your brother looks nothing like you, 42.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 09:41:24 AM »
Are you sure you are looking at the right one. He's the one on the left who looks about 14 years old.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 09:43:22 AM »
Well, if no one here reads swedish, then I open the article for interpretation.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:43:23 AM »
Oh, then yes, much more like you. They didn't do left to right identification, apparently.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 09:50:10 AM »
ran it through a translator, only swedish one I could find (babble fish dosen't do swedish), not a very complete translation, but at least it's something:

Trotjänare enough am thinking husband p senior folk when husband am hearing composed , but trotjänare mste nots product ancient. They tin be in rsldern and abandonment servant for its faith. Correns Birgitta Hybinette had spoke with television youngest mormonmissionärer frn America. When self lived in Linköpingsstadsdelen Beard for one number substitute sedan sg self often wide busshllplatsen television dapper kostymklädda youngest män. Between booty they anti second , garbed in p same wise. They were gentle , often talkative fellow as each out p one lngvarigt missions. For that ragged order p how their missions actually gr to ring self mormonmissionärerna in Beard. Wes sued appointment in their church Jesu Crystal Church of Ultimate Days Sacred , as heal appellation am obeying. Eldest a title There was awaiting in garb and tie , only Richard Andes , 20 substitute and frn Washington D.C , and Second Creer , 19 substitute and frn Utah. Bda bare namnskyltar : Eldest Andes and Eldest Creer. P mine annotation that they nots sg s " eldest " out , was answering they that Eldest is a title for the as missionerar. Second had wherein in Sweden in seven mnader and Richard in one consequential substitute. Husband do altogether television substitute in one countries , says Richard. D am counting husband also in a nine weekly lng intensivkurs in the current sprket as ges wide one out bildningscentrum for missionary. Cost others Husband am not choosing countries herself devoid anmäler only interest for that missions överhuvud serrate. Admonitory mnad transfer husband moreover within the countries husband interacts in , says Second. The am declaring whys self eternally sg nya face there out in Beard. They youngest folk as ker out fr others cost its stay and mste labor together approximate 10 000 dollar. Several fr also economic help of families ors assembly. Mnga of them is nots färdigutbildade : they youngest mans is among 19 and 26 substitute when they pbörjar its missions , female is 21 and assimilate , devoid limitation. I have d especially effected frgan if female fr ka out and iodine , the fr they indeed , but they is fewer , tell Richard and Second. Bda had gtt out equivalent Swede gymnasiet and am thinking study forth when they am arriving home. Second shall read datavetenskap Richard dithers among architecture and stories , ors s am becoming the both. Am helping practical How am seeing d they youngest missionärernas weekday in Sweden out? Usually gr wes up halv seven , plug Swede and am eating breakfast. Wide tiotiden give wes ourselves out. Self as looking before me grandmother exclusively dialing p door fr revise depiction. Iodine , wes calling p door , but wes offer also community service , as wes am naming the , and am helping to there the ring up to. Newly brace wes p a husband as ftt items and d pulled wes in. He stayed few minister , but jolly late and was bidding home ourselves p food. Wes am helping also to with trädgrdsarbete ors other as requires execute in people's home. Whom is the yous am working transfer p this appear? am wondering self. Tja , says Second and tore p axlarna , precise anyone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 09:52:58 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 09:50:20 AM »
The as vgar lta ourselves assist! Rap again door Dörrknackandet is änd a grand part of missionerandet. P which manner am becoming they bemötta d? All possible wise , says they ngra am believing only that wes is salesman. A bit am bidding in ourselves that chat , second rap again door. But the only wes , says Richard , and wes constrains ourselves absolute nots p ngon. Mnga of them as am speaking with grabbarna am spending sets the vanligaste frga to grandmother , the if mnggifte. The exists nots , says they , husband fr nots product member in church if husband practises mnggifte. They'll förtydliga and says : Families is instiftad of Almighty. Matrimony among husband and woman is a necessary part of his everlasting and divine lycksalighetsplan as enable that familjebanden punish beyond stone. Sacred ordinance and alliance in sacred temple is doing well possible for families that product together for eternally. Telephone television gnger Wes tergr to frgor if the practical life as missionary matlagning and so. Second and Richard am creating a good deal food housewife in apartments in Beard. They is few of omnivorous and lacks nots direct ngot hemisphere. Swede food is wholly okejtycker they köttbullar is gott ". Värre than that nots ragged certain maträtter is maybe the fact that husband nots fr meet families p they television substitute husband is out. But neither Second ors Richard am sorry themselves. P mndagar have we term shell that write letter home , usual ors e - post , says they. Television gnger pers substitute fr they telephone home : to Mors days and to Christmas. They fancy nots that the is huge : Nos , terms gr änd somewhat quickly. And in Second family is husband motor van : Remember bread had wherein out and for the occasion is mine sister missionary in Siberia. Am grabbing p themselves jeans Now is the dags for klädfrgan. Killarna ler when self says that husband feels again them p lngt hll : Yes , am seeing yous s good clothes am acting! All vet forthwith whom wes is , says Richard. Formerly attire with they normal ryggsäckarna find only further a mormonsignal " when husband committee p approaching hll : namnskyltarna. Self am wondering if they always is s uppklädda. Nos d , if husband ska mow heckler ors rake leaf am grabbing husband givetvis p themselves jeans ors nt other appropriation , am answering Richard tlmodigt ( husband am seeing that he ftt frgan formerly! ). But requires ngon help direct as men with punkteringen d fr they am working p in these clothes! Sometimes am acting they innebandy with second members in church and the happen to hardly in garb. Movie if Jesus Game engrossed grand part of Richards term housewife : American football , basketball , all possible. Here am becoming the less. Second am not having wherein s very for the brand game devoid says while he as it were am acting piano with happens that the is datorn as wherein his main interest. Have the looking the movie if Jesu sufferings as medierna bgnat of latest terms? Nos nots still , maybe am seeing they the in the future. Second had none direct sieve beträffande this filmatiseringen , but Richard am believing that the tin be a of all the " as am helping ourselves that only and really school feel Crystal ". Whom svra sound! Interview görs wholly p Swede , and the gr excellent but sometimes lngsamt givetvis. Sprket each a right dare initially and none of killarna had was reading ngot other strange sprk olds. It was nots easily , says Richard at a tone as am hinting underdrift. And whom svra sound that pronounce , says Second. None help be able they ragged they of sina kin frn North as was emigrating to AMERICA it was s long late that sprket now lost. But svenskättlingar is bda , Eldest Andes the obedient p appellation and Eldest Creer p modern page. BIRGITTA HYBINETTE FAKTA: IN Sweden find 9 000 grandmother Jesu Crystal Church of Ultimate Days Sacred was grounding 1830 in AMERICA of Joseph Dodge. Medlemmarna call Ultimate Days Sacred ors grandmother behind a of their sacred böcker off target Bible , Grandmother book ( grandmother each a prophets as lived p 350- digits ). Mormonerna confessions to throne p Jesu gospel , life , reconcile , dead and uppstndelse. For grandmother am acting the deputy dopet grand role : odöpta ancestor döps for that come in in Guds empire. Sling am acting släktforskning grand role for mormonerna and in Salt Sheet City , there church had sits head surgery – find the world main genealogical table archive. First Swede assembly was grounding in Skne 1853. Under Richard Andes and Second Creer find today circa 12 millions grandmother in the world , product 9 000 in Sweden. source Nationalencyklopedin " wes am helping to there the ring up to "
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 09:56:57 AM »
I think that's possibly more difficult to read than Swedish.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 09:59:02 AM »
But far more entertaining.  "appointment in their church Jesu Crystal Church of Ultimate Days Sacred "

"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 10:01:34 AM »
Well apparently the name Andrew mean "second" in Swedish, which is ironic in that my brother is actually the eigth child.