Author Topic: Dairy Products at your Local Garbage Dump/For Sale  (Read 922 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Dairy Products at your Local Garbage Dump/For Sale
« on: June 08, 2004, 11:09:33 PM »
So, I'm working at a dairy plant and all. Making the dairy products, stacking them, packing them, and shipping/sending them (in no particular order). So I also, as a temp, get the awesometacular(tm) job of re-weighing yogurts and cottage cheeses/sour creams to see if they are under a certain weight. If they are, we throw them out. So yes, awesome there, easy work, yeah, all that bo-log-na. I asked today if I could take a few of these cottage cheese with pinapple that we were throwing out home with me, in a smallbox. Supervisor told me no, if I took some everyone else would want some.

So yeah, we just randomly get rid of this stuff because it apparently lacks the machismo to make it. But instead of giving it to employees, we will just toss it and hope the homeless people enjoy the stuff. Here's looking at you Hobo Joe.

Note: There is no tone of snarkyness whatsoever in this rant. Please look elsewhere for that. There is only anger.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: Dairy Products at your Local Garbage Dump/For
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »
That sucks. Free cottage cheese would rock.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:59:15 AM »
I find your supervisor's excuse to be moronic, as are most excuses from supervisors. So what is all the employees get some free dairy products once and a while? It would just make them happier to work there. Your supervisor must b worried that the employees will make mistakes just to get free stuff. Idiot.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 11:11:25 AM »
A much better excuse would be "Because I'm taking it home."