Author Topic: your irregular toy update  (Read 855 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
your irregular toy update
« on: June 10, 2004, 02:46:05 PM »
hrm. After being extremely pleased with nearly every ToyBiz action figure (there are definite exceptions, especially in the X-Men line, Storm, I'm looking at you) I found one I really don't care for.

I recently got Electra (not enough ninjas around here) and she's a pretty good action figure, though she can't really stand on her display stand without some tweaking.

The one I'm disapointed in is Ghost Rider. Yeah, maybe you don't like him anyway, but hey, at least I didn't buy Namor *scoff!* The motorcycle's cool enough, but he doesn't sit on it right. And that's not the worst. His head pulls right off (fortunately you can put it back on). I was thinking maybe he "transformed, but no, not unless his mortal head is supposed to be a little ball. The ball joines for both his hips and his shoulders really suck. They're stiff (which is why he has a lot of difficulty sitting on the bike). and his shoulders, I'm not sure what those are supposed to be. They lock into a square piece that I think is supposed to be glued into his back but the blocks pull mostly out.

Man. Disappointment. I shoulda got Thor instead.
What's worse, is I had a SECOND disappointment too. I also bought Arwen on the 6" scale. You know, to give Aragorn a harem (since I already had him and Eowyn). Note that the LotR action figures are ALSO ToyBiz products. Arwen sucks even more, reaffirming my love for Miranda Otto. On the good side, her knee joints are hidden. On the bad side, her legs are in this permanent spread eagle state, so even though you can move her ankles and her knees and her hips, there's no way to put both feet flat on the floor. She cannot stand up on her own.  Eowyn lacked the full poseabilty of the Marvel Legends line too, but at least she could do plent, could stand on her own, and hold her sword up. Arwen can only droop unconvincingly.

If you're reading this Marvel/ToyBiz... you owe me two decent action figures. *grump*