Author Topic: Brian Lacy's Mission Call  (Read 1275 times)

Brian

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
Brian Lacy's Mission Call
« on: September 21, 2004, 02:21:24 PM »
I received my mission call on Sept 15! I'm going to St. Louis, Missouri, and I leave on November 3rd (my 25th birthday).

I haven't participated in this forum for quite some time -- maybe since S.E. brought AORP to a close (I was Master Providian in that game) -- and the majority of you don't even know who I am. But I wanted to let everyone know, because those I've met are great people, and this is a great forum -- and because a couple of you have been good friends.

Those who might be interested in writing occasionally have my email address. To the rest of you -- perhaps I'll stop in again in a couple of years. :)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Brian Lacy's Mission Call
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 02:31:45 PM »
hey, sweet, dude. Congrats! Remember, they repealed the order to shoot mormons on sight in Missouri about 20 years ago, so if someone kills you, we can prosecute.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 02:54:06 PM »
Congratualtions!
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 03:46:49 PM »
St. Louis is a great place. I'm from about 3 or 4 hours north of there in Illinois. Have a great time!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 07:35:41 PM »
Congrats. I've flown into St. Louis a couple of times, but I haven't stayed. However, my older brother got his PhD there. I think he left a family of pet copperhead snakes there. You could say hi.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 07:43:43 PM »
Congrats.  I also took a vacation to St. Louis, spent about a week there I think and another week traveling around the nearby states.  There's some interesting stuff there, if you get the chance.  Sometimes it can be a pain to get around, because the city is cut in half by the river!  But it was pretty cool, so have fun.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 02:25:57 AM »
gratz, and hope you like humidity.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 09:29:52 AM »
Does every Mormon go down to St. Louis at one point in their life? And also, I've made a sort of correlation here. Do all Mormons have a sort of Wanderlust that is basically fulfilled through these missions?

Disclaimer: This was meant as nothing more than a silly little thing. NO offense was meant to anyone and every time you bicker a puppy dies (albiet not a cute one).
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 09:33:02 AM »
I've never been there, though I've been to missouri since I grew up in Nebraska.  Lots of people have been to saint Louis becsuae it's a large ariport (like 42).

As for the wanderlust, maybe for some but most do it because the feel it's something they should.  It's not a vacation either since you work 24/7 for 2 years.  Though it can be realy fun (Japan was).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.