Author Topic: ambiance  (Read 1393 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
ambiance
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:50:09 AM »
So I'm at work sitting by the lobby fire. The wind outiside is gusting at 30 mph, the lights are flickering, the windows are rattling, and the part of the ceiling in the pool room just collapsed (again).

What a perfect setting a for a Call of Cthulu game.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: ambiance
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 01:15:11 AM »
Especially since you set fire to the lobby.
What was coming through the door?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 03:31:14 AM »
Heh, I've only got to play Call of Cthulhu once since getting the d20 book.  That was with my brother and cousin, outside while the sun was setting and then continued in the dark with a porch light.  It was pretty fun, but nobody really seems interested in playing CoC.

If you want to do that reverse level thing, a session of CoC would work for that probably... lose levels instead of sanity, lol.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 10:02:10 AM »
We played a game of CoC that lasted from 8pm to 4am. We cracked out the candles and the spooky music (much of it from silent hill...). That was fun. Though we had to put the candles away since having 8 of them going was kinda hot and gave everyone headaches, heh.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

cheesegrater

• Level 1
  • I'm a Zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 01:32:53 AM »
I want to play some scary video games on drugs. I think my gaming experiance is too stale after all those years of gaming.

Morik

• Level 3
  • Just a Minor Threat
    • View Profile
    • Femantics band website
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 11:47:27 PM »
I would suggest doom 3 then, with nice surround sound to go along with your super hearing you'll get
So you prayed for a snow day and it happened right?
I wonder who prayed for the Tsunami

Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense