Author Topic: TWG T-Shirts  (Read 1304 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
TWG T-Shirts
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:48 AM »
Hey guys, I thought that it was a shame that this idea faded away so I thought I would bring it back up.

http://www.timewastersguide.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=other;action=display;num=1082404162;start=0
Here is the other thread, in case you want to review on what has happened so far. I chose to start a new thread instead of resurrecting the old one, partly to avoid opening old wounds, but the thread is there if you want it.

A couple of new ideas, since we want something to describe what happens on the site, and something that is funny, why don't we all come up with a phrase that we agree on. One that we make up just for the shirt, not something from the forum.

As far as color, I would like to suggest white, black, or grey, just to keep things simple, and then make the designs on the shirt colorful. Put the TWG clock on the front, with "The Official Timewaster's Guide." On the back, put the quote and the site address. Either in black or in the same color as the TWG clock. Those are my suggestions, but whatever we choose to do, I definitely think we should do something.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: TWG T-Shirts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:49:51 AM »
I like the idea of coming up with a new phrase, but I'm not sure if that will increase our ability to  get everyone to agree.

Perhaps the first thing we ought to ask is if there is any of the editor/moderator types who would be willing to take responsibility for this.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:00:13 AM »
I'll tell you what I'll try to find time to do, since I had the original idea for TWG Tees. I will make a T-shirt design and make it available for pre-order. If I get enough pre-orders, I will buy a batch. If I don't get enough, I will send money back to those who did preorder.

I feel like I got burned with my previous get feedback method. Too many fights and arguments. I will make a design that I would pay for, and see if others want it. If they do, we have it. If not, I won't.

If anyone else wants to go and make another design, that's fine. Just remember that anything you make should be non-profit. Either that or send profits to Fell and he'll decide how those moneys should be used to improve TWG (which may be buying games to review or something, who knows). I think from previous discussions the decision was that since we don't pay for the server (Tage provides it) that we don't have any expenses, and deciding who gets the game stuff we buy is too difficult, so it's best to go non-profit (and everyone gets cheaper T-shirts too).

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:20:33 AM »
That sounds like a good idea.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy