Author Topic: New deparment page designs  (Read 6769 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
New deparment page designs
« on: July 27, 2003, 01:21:26 PM »
the main deparment pages have been overhauld.  These include: Video Games, CCG, RPG, and Table Top.  I haven't done anything with the others since there's not much going on in them.  I basicaly riped 42's RPG page layout and made some modifactions.  If anyone wants to write intros explaning what the games in that deparment are like then I'll add them.  Look at the RPG page for an example.

Also I've added new meta links to the pages.  I've made the changes to the VG and RPG articles, but haven't in Table and CCG.  If anyone thinks there should be any added to that let me know by the end of the week when I'm going through all the reviews to add the needed tags.  I only want to do this once, so I'm not going to redo it unless Fell tells me to :)

finaly we can add any graphics to the pages as needed, perfeably following how 42 set it up in the RPG page.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 01:24:19 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: New deparment page designs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 11:12:37 PM »
I updated the Book, Movie and TOC pages to look like the others.  I added all the meta tags to the CCG articles, I can add more when ever needed.  I still need any suggestions for the table Top section.  I've only got two catagories right now (clix and warhammer).  I feel there should be more.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 11:24:28 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 04:46:24 AM »
Well even though I realise you all ignore any of my posts that deal with site updates I'm going to add some more here.  I changed some code in my sort page that will let me display any article type for a key word, wither it's a review, editoral or news.  To see what I'm talking about goto the Table Top Page and click on either Clix or warhammer from the Quick Links.  The normal way displayes only reviews.  now delete "&type=1" from the address bar at the top of your browser.  That displays all articles on said keyword.  If you like this way I'll make the change.  But it would display lots of articles for some words, like if we did magic in the CCG section.  It would display all reivews, decklists and EUOLs articles on magic cards by color.  Let me know.  If no one replies then I won't change anything.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 04:47:14 AM by Spriggan »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 06:07:18 AM »
Another cool feature is now if the article type is a coloum or news (an article by the sort page) instead of printing (no score) it'll print (news) if a news article and (article) if a coloum.  And as an added feature in the meta tag if one of the following words appear: Strategy, edit(orial), rant, decklist apper that word will appear in that slot instead!  Wow you all love me now right?  These chages donot affect reviews, if a review has no score that will still be reflected.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 06:21:08 AM by Spriggan »

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 03:04:47 PM »
No, I read them. That "search" option sounds really cool. I vote for it.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy