Author Topic: Dead Man Walking  (Read 6588 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Dead Man Walking
« on: August 26, 2003, 12:58:07 PM »
As nice as it is to believe that TWG is a raging money machine, I do have a real job outside of it. Or at least I did. The company I work for is doing a large wave of layoffs, and this morning they chopped off a significant portion of people in my department. One of them, sadly, was me.

I have three months of severance, which is nice, so I'm not on the street yet. I'll spend most of my time looking for jobs (know of any good ones?), but I imagine you'll also see a large influx of quality Fellfrosch reviews. Feel free to post your condolences here, and if you want to send cash, then by gum I won't stop you.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Walking
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 01:17:32 PM »
My sincere condolences. Do you want to try and find something in the area? Or will you maybe move to another state?

2002 was my year of unemployment, and I learned that there is very little to do in Provo except call centers. You might try some places in SL county though. I had a little more luck there, once I finally had a car and could drive up there.

I will keep my ears open for you though. What kind of jobs are you looking for?
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 05:07:06 PM »
There's a good chance the Teaching CO. will be hiring soon, Fell, if'n you want to move to NoVA. Sorry 'bout the job.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 07:34:01 PM »
Man, thats bad luck. The job, not the reviews.

Hope you get a new job. Not a new jon, as i always mispell that word.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 08:11:59 PM »
Yeah that sucks that you lost your job. I always felt that there was a dark-underbelly to NuSkin. Their world plan to sell skin care products to make the human population more tasty to alien invaders is just the tip of the iceburg.

I wonder how that would look on your resume?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 08:38:48 PM »
NuSkin Green is PEOPLE!