Author Topic: Linguist wanted  (Read 3298 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Linguist wanted
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 09:25:57 AM »
Yes, you too can go to church or parties and tell people you work for "the government" or the "department of defense."

Everyone knows EXACTLY what that means. But the agency insists on having you say it. I think it's hilarious.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 03:28:30 PM »
I used to tell people I worked for the government when I was a Library Aide in a public library.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »
Oldie Locks, when you are done with the electronic application email my sister-in-law so you can get priority.

I found out a little more about the position. They aren't looking for people who speak any particular language. They are looking for people who can learn a language. When you get hired they will assign you to learn a certain (probably obscure) language. What is actually involved in the position is classified. They don't reveal the details until you recieve your security clearance.

According to my sister-in-law, people like working at the NSA.

Also, you have to pass a background check which takes about 8 months. So that is when you can expect to hear back from them. They won't hire people with any sort of addiction or criminal record.

Learning obscure languages is my hobby. Thanks 42. I have a couple of things to work out that will determine whether I apply.