Author Topic: christmass wishlist  (Read 2175 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
christmass wishlist
« on: December 23, 2005, 12:32:41 AM »
whady want for christmass? tell the world! We probably can't do anything about... but tell us anyway!
I'll go first.
some pottasium nitrate
ammonium nitrate
bismuth
a complete set of pyrex labware
a new(working) bunsen burner
a new ps1 memory card
a not broken copy of chrono cross
and a new non-stick skillet
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
Re: christmass wishlist
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:53:47 AM »
a not broken copy of chrono cross

Let Chrono Cross rule the world! That is the only game that I have ever played for more then forty eight hours straight, my ultimate time wasting expedition.

Edit: Oh, wait I get it, I want as follows:
Several books which I do not have the energy to list at this time.
UHF
A new hard drive for my personal computer
A forty acre piece of land so that I can breed sixty eight billion cipmunks and take over the world
Other things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 01:02:04 AM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 01:10:58 AM »
some pottasium nitrate
ammonium nitrate
bismuth
a complete set of pyrex labware
a new(working) bunsen burner . . .

lol. I almost got my old boyfriend (who is a forensic criminalist) a vintage chemistry set on eBay for Christmas. He would've loved it, no doubt. He uses this pyrex flask as his toothbrush holder. Yep, like you he's naturally "into" that sort of thing. (Instead, I got him Batman artwork a la Batman the Animated Series that's autographed by Kevin Conroy. I put it in an awesome 2-pane glass frame. It looks snazzy.)

What kind of work are you in? I read through all the "Introduce Yourself" posts, but I'll be darned if I can remember... Sorry. Anyway, I'm curious about it, given your wish list.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 01:17:25 AM »
at the moment I titrait and prepare small samples of fule for my brother's bio-deisel refinery, basically every batch of oil has slightly different properties so I get sent a sample of each batch, then I go through the steps of measuring PH and whatnot then finally turn the sample into usable fuel and send it and the determined properties of the oil(vegetable oil) to the refinery and they procede to turn it into a large amount of biodeisel fuel, then I do it again for another batch.
but my first love is combustion, not so much that I like blowing things up but i like creating energy where there currently was only matter. I can make just about anything combust(I don't) but unlike teenage pyromaniacs I have a sense of restraint, i really want to combine my artistic skill with my love of chemistry and design fireworks,,, they're actually really simple and I don't know why nobody's made anything new with them, but i want to...
also I made all the fires in my house red and green this week... it's like someone set christmass on fire...

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 01:23:31 AM »
Cool. How interesting! Thanks for the explanation.
Oh, and it sounds like your house would be a fun place during the holidays. Custom-colored flames for the holidays! Yay! ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 11:15:41 AM »
I want many things, but mostly my secret desire is an ipod, or at least an mp3 player that has lots of storage. I am way too practical, though, so I asked for clothes and money (to buy practical things with). Alas.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 03:51:24 PM »
Ah, yes, practical stuff...
Gas $ for my road trip from UT to MA. :o (Yep, I tremble to think of the cost...)
Road atlas for said trek.
Griffin iTrip (or similar device) for my ipod. Naturally, this is by far the most practical and important wish item of all. Journeying cross-country without adequate music would result in a very mal-adjusted, certifiably insane traveler, I assure you. Let's just hope my family is "sold" on this indisputable fact...

Non-practical stuff:
Firefly on DVD (So cool.  8) Love it!)
Serenity on DVD (The story continues. Can't wait!)
Cinderella Man on DVD (Good drama + hunk appeal! ::))
Sparkly stuff  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 03:53:23 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 05:33:53 PM »
practical stuff...
um I have clothes, I have a roof to sleep under, i have food, i think I'm all set for practical...
but I would like some ammonium sulfate and ammonium nitrate to make ammonpulver as well as serpentine...a joyous and explosive christmass it will be...
i'm running out of serpentine so santa better hurry or the christmass fireworks will be cut short.